We are participating providers for:
- Most PPO Insurances (please call with specific inquiries)
- Greater Newport Physicians IPA
- Monarch IPA
For any billing questions or to pay by phone, please call our billing service at
Hours of operation: 5am - 6pm M-Thurs; 5am - 5pm Friday
For online payment, please visit www.psabilling.com/contactus.aspx.
What is a pathologist?
- A pathologist is a doctor specializing in the diagnosis of disease based on the analysis of bodily fluids and tissue. Pathology is divided into two major areas, anatomic and clinical pathology. Anatomic pathology focuses microscopic, immunologic and molecular examination of tissue and organs. Clinical pathology focuses on laboratory examination of tissue and bodily fluid specimens. Pathologists are an important part of the part of the health care team. For instance, your physician or surgeon may send a pap smear or biopsy sample to the pathologist for analysis to determine your diagnosis or treatment.
Why did I get a bill from a doctor I did not see?
- Your bill is for the examination of your pathology specimen that was requested by your physician. These specimens include pap smears, blood specimens, biopsies, and surgical specimens.
How do I get a copy of my pathology report?
- Please contact the physician office who ordered the test.